Thursday, November 14, 2019

Elton Dharry: I believe I can beat Andrew Moloney

Elton Dharry, born in Guyana and now living in Brooklyn, is aware that he’s expected to lose on Friday, when he faces Andrew Moloney in an interim WBA super flyweight title fight in Melbourne, Australia.

Live boxing streaming link here 

Gallen vs Hall Fight
But the 33-year-old Dharry says he’s not coming just to roll over and collect a check, either. He’s coming to make his mark and win the belt.
“I’ve trained and worked hard a really long time, so, for me, it doesn’t matter where this fight is being held,” Dharry said. “Traveling here wasn’t a problem. This is for a world title and that’s what I want. I do recognize it as my biggest fight, but I’m treating it as just another fight, and he’s just another opponent to me. That’s how I see it.
“I came here because I believe I can win this fight. It’s the reason I traveled 30-plus hours to get here. I don’t predict my fights; I just go in the ring prepared for whatever style. I’m going to do whatever it takes to win. His style doesn’t really mean anything to me. I’m here to win!”
Dharry doesn’t have the most impressive win-loss record at 24-5-1 (14 KO), but considering he started his career 3-5-1, he’s put on quite a run to get where he is, albeit against limited opposition.
Moloney (20-0, 13 KO) is the contender, however, and he’s also the home fighter. There’s no question that a Dharry win would be a major upset.
Moloney vs Dharry will stream live on ESPN+ on the morning of Friday, Nov. 15, starting at 3 am ET. Bad Left Hook will have live coverage of the card, which also includes Jason Moloney vs Dixon Flores, and Paul Gallen vs Barry Hall.